- June 13, 2016
- Posted by: tsfcadmin
- Category: Activities
Chief Commissioner Complex inaugurated as Tobacco-Smoke Free Facility on 31st May, 2016
CA&DD organized a seminar in collaboration with ICT Administration at ICT Complex under chair of Chief Commissioner, ICT (Islamabad) on 31st May, 2016 to observe World No Tobacco Day, 2016. All members of District Implementation and Monitoring Committee” (DI&MC) and major stakeholders of tobacco control initiative attended the seminar. On this occasion, Chief Commissioner, ICT, Islamabad declared ICT Complex as Tobacco-Smoke Free Facility.
The Chief Commissioner renewed the city administration’s commitment towards implementation of tobacco control laws and announced the following: The Chief Commissioner, Islamabad renewed the city administration’s commitment towards implementation of tobacco control laws and announced the following:
- “Zero tolerance on serving of ‘Sheesha’ in cafes and sale of illegal tobacco products including ‘Sheesha’ concentrates to be practiced on the directives of the Supreme Court.
- “The sale of cigarettes within 50 yards of educational institutes and in illegal kiosks and ‘khokhas’ will be stopped within a month.
- Licensing of tobacco vendors with restrictions on underage sale has provided an effective measure to keep children away from tobacco products.
- A fair portion of income from licensing fee and fines would be earmarked for use on awareness campaigns and enforcement activities on tobacco control.
- District Administration’s legal team will work with CA&DD in drafting local laws and strategies for control of use of tobacco products e.g. insertion of “no smoking in public vehicles” clause in Motor Vehicle Ordinance.