“Strengthening Tobacco-Smoke Free Islamabad Initiative”, Capital Administration and Development Division, Government of Pakistan
Objectives of “Strengthening Tobacco-Smoke Free Islamabad Initiative”:
The aim of this intervention is to make Islamabad tobacco-smoke free. Following are the main objectives of “Strengthening Tobacco-Smoke Free Islamabad Initiative”-
- Establish a Coordination Unit for coordination with district departments to plan, implement and monitor Islamabad model city project
- Raise awareness among masses about “Islamabad Model City Project” through printing and dissemination of IEC materials, signage and conducting of seminars.
- Printing and Dissemination of IEC materials
- Awareness sessions / Seminars for Bazaar Unions, Hotel Associations, Education Managers and Hospital Management
- Awareness programs on ITP FM Radio.
- Signage at public places
- Ensure effective enforcement of Tobacco control laws, through training and support of law enforcement agencies.
- Refresher sessions on tobacco control laws for law enforcers / authorized persons.
- Development of enforcement plan
- Orientation Session with FBR
- Assess SHTS exposure (PM 2.5 monitoring) at public places at start and end of the project in collaboration with The Union.
- Monitoring of enforcement of tobacco control laws
- Generation of quarterly monitoring reports